1. Co-coordinating with
ICEHA (International Center for Equal Healthcare Access) to train
50 doctors from Cao Bang province and 20 doctors from Lang Son,
Lao Cai, Hoa Binh and Ninh Binh provinces on HIV/AIDS diagnosis,
treatment and care in Cao Bang town, Cao Bang province in March
2006. This is an ethnic minority mountainous area with high rate
of HIV/AIDS infected people.
2. To continue the project of poverty reduction by cultivating potatoes in Bang
Coc commune, Ham Yen district, Tuyen Quang mountainous province where many poor
ethnic minority people live. This is the second crop. The project loaned the
farmers with potato seeds. The productivity is 20 ton/ha – 40,000,000 VND/ha
after only 3 months (growing an overlapping crop between autumn-summer crop and
spring-winter crop) whereas the effort of lowland farmers is to reach 50,000,000
VND/ha of rice in 1 year.
3. To organise for over 30 Vietnamese NGOs to visit the midwives training project
of HEDO in Kim Boi district, Hoa Binh province.
4. To co-ordinate with Doctor Doan Ngu to visit Ford Foundation’s project
in Ha Giang – delivering syringes and condoms to drug addicts.
5. United Nations Office on Drug and Crime required HEDO to select a candidate
for the Civil Award on UN Vienna Civil Society Award. The candidate should be
excellent in the battle against crime, drug abuse and terrorism. HEDO nominated
The Women’s Association of Lao Cai province, a typical example of Vietnam.
6. HEDO’s office moved to a new place in Number 4 Trinh Hoai Duc street,
Ba Dinh district, Hanoi – right in the centre of Hanoi capital from 1st
April 2006. The new office is more spacious and beautiful.
7. HEDO received merit certificate and HEDO’s director received medal from
Central Committee of Science and Education. The solemn ceremony was carried out
at HEDO’s meeting-hall on 11th April.